to have my cake and eat it too...

This blog is about things that trouble me at this moment of time. Its all about my likings. After all it is my cake....

Friday, May 07, 2004

UNUSUAL RAINS and TITA

So it rained and my first experience with my new bike in. It was pouring and visibilty was low, but that did not stop people from zipping and sciding. Had my first accident too... hit the side of a cab, it was kind of my mistake (oops...).
Like had earlier mentioned in this blog, unseasonal rains in India this time around, and the popuilar media is not concerned. I did not see any mention of it in newspapers today. I guess it is election season and far too many wierd things are happening there for ppl to notice that the rains are a month early!
So it is too close to call in Indian election this time around. My gut feel is NDA will come to power comfortably. Every body said that b4 the election started because of that wonderfully lady TINA. For those not used to democratic processes, TINA is There Is No Alternative.It is like having autocrats in democracies. Now here a new wonderful term used by NDA'ites... TITA (Terrible Is The Alternative).
Must confess.. that is true. If it is not Atal Bihari then who? I am not against Mrs. Gandhi coming to power because of her foreign origin ..as I feel she is as much a citizen of India as Aishwariya Rai !!!It is just that she has never held any professional or administrative post ever in her life. Being head of a Congress party does not qualify as no body opposes or disagrees with her there. I am not going to venture to talk about the Yadav's becoming PM (no offence to the community per se). So that has what over democracy has come too... vibrant certainly......... but TITA!!!!!