to have my cake and eat it too...

This blog is about things that trouble me at this moment of time. Its all about my likings. After all it is my cake....

Friday, May 21, 2004

Mob Vigilantes of Thane

Heard a news today from a friend that a bus driver in Thane was beaten to death for he accidently hit a 3 year old girl. According to newssites, the driver ws beaten and 2 gus have been arrested for the same. I have noticed over a period , people have become vigilates in the wrong reasons, especially in case of road accidents. Violence is very common in case of accidents and I have myself witnessed the stronger person or the one who can get a crowd, beats the other one up. Generally, the auto rickshaw drivers, who are notorious for horrible driving, get their oyals up and beat the other party, who in most cases are innocent. Like in the above case, apparently the girl came under the rear tyre of the bus, indicating that the driver could not be at fault.

One tries to understand where this violence comes from in country where accidents are so common. The primary causes could be frustration (with the law, which can be very cumbersome in case of accident reporting) and mob psychology. The general feeling that in a group one can get away with this kind of crime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home