to have my cake and eat it too...

This blog is about things that trouble me at this moment of time. Its all about my likings. After all it is my cake....

Monday, May 24, 2004

Size is disadvantageous in Real Politik

So the spoils of the cabinet have been shared by the UPA. Apparently the DMK are pretty upset with the election and have decided not to join office. If I do that in my office,they want miss me and replace the post in a weeks time and I will receive a pink slip. But this is not the case for the DMK, they are the much needed ally for the congress. So eventually, Mr. Singh will have to bow down to their demands. That's how co-alition politics work, the smaller party get a bigger deal than the larger ones!!! Nature tells us otherwise, but hey.. who said politics is naturtal or logical. The phrase used for all of this is "real - politik", a phrase used regularly by the ex-deputy prime minister, Mr. L.K.Advani. He made real -politik into an art form, making stange bed-fellows like Jayalalitha or even Karunanidhi (both of them don't come close to BJP ideology, but both have allied). Real Politik does not accept ideology, history, policy, beliefs or common sense as necessary arguement points. It just asks one question i.e. "Today, do I need him/her or do they need me?". If it is the former, you ally, else leave. That is the logic based on which BJP unceremonioulsy let the DMK and gang leave the NDA. Unfortunately for them, the voters were in no mood to accept Jaya Amma. So DMK has become a very powerful group who is needed by everybody today. So Mr.Manmohan Singh will have to bow down.

On the other, the communists with 60 seats cannot draw such bargain. Simply beacuse the congress knows they won't ally with the BJP. They don't understand real politik.They are stuck with terms such as ideology and principle. This is very important to note as this makes the government stable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home